Stay Healthy (And High) With These THC Quinoa Black Bean Burgers
Servings: 5 Servings
For this uniquely infused recipe, you’re going to need:
- 3 Tablespoons of Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Hot Pepper Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoons of Ground Cumin
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic Minced
- 2 Tablespoons of Onion Minced
- ¼ Cup of Yellow Bell Pepper Minced
- ½ Cup of Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup of Water
- ¼ Cup of Quinoa
- 1 Can of Black Beans 15 oz., Rinsed, Drained
*To ensure you are giving yourself the correct dosage, please consult our Dosing Calculator located on this page*Nowadays, if you can find a healthy alternative, you may as well jump on it, because the dishes we've loved for years are routinely being called out as super harmful to our bodies and minds. That’s why, when you spot a health-conscious take on a classic, you should always order it, instead of the traditional, crazy-heavy version that you are used to – like burgers, for example. And, if you’re looking for a burger that’ll taste great, make you feelgood, and get you stoned, these THC Quinoa Black Bean Burgers are the way to go.
When I first saw this recipe for THC Quinoa Black Bean Burgers I was admittedly skeptical. How could something without meat even call itself a “burger”?! The whole concept seemed blasphemous to me, but I still carried on, and gave this a shot. And, boy, am I happy I did. I make these once-a-month (at least), and I strongly feel like you will toss them into your regular dining routine just as often, once you give these healthy cannabis burgers a try.
Cost: Approx. $20+
- For starters, you’ll want to grab your quinoa, and toss it into a saucepan, along with some water. Bring that puppy to a full boil. When you reach that boiling point, kick the heat down to “Medium-to-Low,” cover the saucepan, and let the quinoa simmer until tender, and the water has been fully absorbed. That usually takes anywhere between 15-20 minutes.
- Next, grab a fork. With it, coarsely mash up some black beans in a bowl. Leave some whole, as you’re aiming to turn the contents into a rough paste of sorts.
- When you’re happy with how that black bean paste is looking, you can add in your quinoa, egg, hot sauce, salt, cumin, garlic, onion, bell pepper, and bread crumbs. Use your hands to complete this step, as that will ensure an even distribution of ingredients throughout the mixture.
- Then, form that black bean mixture into 5 similarly-sized patties.
- Following that, you’ll want to warm up your cannabis-infused olive oil in a substantially-sized skillet.
- When that starts to warm up a touch, toss those patties in to cook for a few minutes on each side. When you can see that they are heated all the way through, you can remove them from the skillet, slide them between a bun, and chow down!
Serving: 1Burger | Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.9g | Protein: 9.3g | Fat: 10.6g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 679mg