Reading Time: 5 minutes
Marijuana Falafel Waffles
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 1/2 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander (Ground)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Cannabis Oil
I’m not sure about you, but I’m not exactly a “morning person” so to speak. The only thing I want to do when I wake up is roll over, smoke a bowl, and stay in bed. Which, to be fair, I do as often as I can. But, such a life isn’t the most healthy way to get the day started – especially if this means forgoing breakfast. That sort of stuff just isn’t a wise choice for anybody looking to kick things off with a bit of energy.See also: Huckleberry Gummies are a 4.5⭐️ Yummy that melts in your mouth! If I am being completely honest with myself, the thought of slaving away in the kitchen to make myself a meal first thing in the morning seems like a tremendous chore. Which is probably why I simply resort to nearby fast food options or quick grab-and-go protein bars to give me the energy I so desperately need. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is guilty of such a mid-morning cuisine choice.But it is never really want I want; nor what I crave. If I had it my way, I would be waking up and grubbing on my favorite breakfast meal of all-time: waffles. Even thinking about those golden brown circles full of syrup-catching cube inlets makes my mouth water. To be fair, the recipe to make standard waffles isn’t very cumbersome. It is pretty much just making a batter and throwing it into a waffle iron. No real “heavy lifting” needed – but it still just didn’t seem worth it. Especially since the traditional waffle can be pretty hefty in its own right. I mean, sure, waffles taste incredible (when done right), but they make me just as snoozy as a top-shelf indica sometimes. Not only that, but the brick-like feeling in my stomach after a plate of syrup drenched waffles makes me fear my digital scale more than ever. With all the “munchies” I am partaking in on a regular basis, I hardly feel like adding more calories to start my day will help me drop some much-needed pounds from my ever-growing gut.If only there was a way to create a healthier version of my beloved breakfast, I would be set. Well, actually, I would be even happier if there was a way it could get me high and boost my energy to take on the day. Then I would really be in a good place.Enter: Marijuana Falafel Waffles.Wow. Not only is this breakfast incredibly fun to say, but it’s actually healthy, too. It really checks all my boxes. What’s even better is, as complicated as this dish may sound, it is actually tremendously simple to make – even for those of us who fear culinary tasks of any kind. Seriously, this could be the first time you are tossing around anything in the kitchen, but if you follow this super-easy recipe, you will be floored by how simple the entire process is and by how tasty your falafel waffles are.Before we plug in the trusty waffle iron, we are going to need to grab a good amount of ingredients. Below is a list of necessary items you will need in order to perfect this recipe for Marijuana Falafel Waffles.THC-Infused Paprika Chicken Recipe
- Now, as I’m sure you noticed, the last ingredient on that somewhat lengthy list is “Cannabis Oil.” This is something you will either need to grab at your local dispensary, or you can feel free to make your own batch at home. I have gone in-depth with a recipe on how to make some of this already in another piece, and I urge you all to check that out before moving on.
- However, if you simply don’t have time to do that, the entire process is fairly straight-forward. Take anywhere from an ⅛ to ¼ worth of flowers and throw them onto a baking sheet. Place that baking sheet of herb into your over at 240°. This begins the process of decarboxylation, which effectively activates the psychoactive elements of cannabis. Once that is done, combine it with a cooking oil of your choice through a cheesecloth, and BOOM – that’s it.
- Now, in order to do this recipe the right way, you will need a handy-dandy food processor. In it, you will want to throw in the egg, chickpeas, onion, parsley, garlic, coriander, cumin, lemon zest, baking powder, salt, and (of course) the cannabis oil. You won’t want to completely obliterate these items, so be sure to use the “pulse” setting on your processor to thoroughly combine these elements. Once that is completed, place that mixture into a separate bowl and add in the breadcrumbs for consistency.
- This is the time where you will want to heat up that trusty waffle iron. Instead of butter, grab some more of that wonderful cannabis oil and make sure all the grids on the iron are nice and lubricated. When that step is complete, grab that bowl of dough/batter and scoop it gently onto the newly-heated waffle iron, and close that sucker.
- A good rule of thumb for cooking these Marijuana Falafel Waffles is to wait 3-5 minutes to make sure the waffles are nice and golden brown. As soon as they are, you can carefully transport the finished product onto a plate, and that is it!
- Sure, you can get all “fancy with it” and throw on some sort of European yogurt or fruit just to increase its decadence, but personally, I am more than content with my globs and globs of good ol’ fashioned syrup. But there is no shame in taking the toppings in whatever direction you so please.
- If I may be so bold as to suggest something, I recommend taking these Marijuana Falafel Waffles and using them as the “bread” for a truly unbeatable Chicken & Falafel Waffle Sandwich. Can you even fathom how delicious that sort of Frankenstein-creature would be? I am almost beyond words. If you were to infuse the chicken and the syrup used in that recipe with some of that cannabis oil, that may become one of the best marijuana-inspired meals of all-time.
- Like I said, you can’t really go wrong. The sky is the limit – both for the realm of culinary possibilities and for your “high.” I don’t know about you, but after making one batch of these incredible Marijuana Falafel Waffles, I am more than ready to take on whatever the day brings my way – only in a far more relaxed fashion.
- So, the next time one of your buddies crashes at your place after a night of bar-hopping, or if you simply want to impress that “special someone” in your life with a delectable breakfast, I strongly suggest whipping up some Marijuana Falafel Waffles. I promise you, they will not only be forever indebted and grateful for this 5-star breakfast that you have so graciously prepared for them, but they will surely consider you one of the greatest chefs of all time – even if this is your first time throwing on an apron. They are that damn good!