Step-By-Step Recipe For Pot Pistachio Hazelnut Baklava
Servings: 60 Servings
- 2 Cups Cannabis-Infused Butter Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Cannabis-Infused Honey
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon Divided
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 3 1/2 Cups White Sugar Divided
- 1/4 Cup Whole Cloves
- 1 1/2 Packages Frozen Phyllo Pastry Thawed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 8 Ounces Finely Chopped Hazelnuts
- 8 Ounces Finely Chopped Pistachio Nuts
- 10” x 15” Jelly Roll Pan
The simple steps needed to create this Pot Pistachio Hazelnut Baklava couldn’t be easier to follow, and the end result will taste absolutely amazing. Plus, it’ll get you good and stoned, too. Which, not for nothing, is what every homemade edible should do, right? So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
You may have had a standard version of this Turkish dish in the past,but I guarantee you’ve never had this Pot Pistachio Hazelnut Baklava before. This is a truly phenomenal dessert that you will fall in love with after just one bite.SEE ALSO: Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With Some Cannabis Banana Split Cupcakes
Cost: Approx. ~ $20
- Start off by preheating your oven to 350°.
- Now, grab a big mixing bowl. In it, toss together ½ cup of sugar, ½ teaspoon of ground cloves, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, your hazelnuts, and your pistachio nuts.
- Next, you’ll want to expertly unravel your thawed phyllo dough. Once you’ve done that, cover it with a damp towel. This will help prevent the dough from drying out or cracking.
- At this point, you’ll need to grab your jelly roll pan, and brush the interior of it with your melted cannabis-infused butter, with the help of a pastry brush.
- Then, you’ll lay one sheet of phyllo into that infused pan, and follow that up with another brushing of cannabis-infused butter.
- Repeat that layering process until you have 8 sheets stacked on top of one another.
- When you hit that level, strategically sprinkle a bit of your nut mixture over this top layer of phyllo.
- Follow that up with 3 more layers of pastry, in the same infused butter sequence as before.
- After those 3 additional layers, you can sprinkle on more of your nut mixture, and again, follow it up with another 3 layers of phyllo, using the very same sequential process you have been using this whole time with your cannabis-infused butter.
- Keep repeating this scenario until you run out of nut mixture, but be sure to have 8 phyllo sheets left, which you will proceed to layer on top of everything. And, yes, you will be brushing cannabis-infused butter onto your sheets throughout this layering step.
- Now, you’ll want to cut the pastry in strips, and then, cut it into diamonds. Don’t worry, these pieces are meant to be small, mainly because each one packs a wallop of sweetness.
- It is also at this point in the recipe, where you can adorn each piece with its own clove.
- Follow that up by heating your remaining cannabis-infused butter, and drizzling a healthy amount of it over the entire pan.
- When your oven is ready, toss this in to bake for roughly 1 hour and 15 minutes. When you see that there is an even, balanced shade of gold, you can remove it from the oven.
- Meanwhile, as the pastry is baking inside of the oven, you will need to grab yourself a big saucepan. In it, you’ll mix together ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, your cannabis-infused honey, water, and remaining 3 cups of sugar.
- Bring all of those contents to a soft boil, then down to a simmer over “Medium” heat. Keep it in this state for roughly 15 minutes or so, then simply set it to the side for the time being.
- Then, once the pastry is ready to be removed from the oven, you can instantly pour that infused syrup over the contents in the pan.
- Upon completing that step, you must allow the baklava to cool all the way back down to room temperature before you even think about serving it, and don’t forget to discard the cloves from each piece, as well.
Only thing left to do now is grab yourself a portion, and start chowing down on this one-of-a-kind Pot Pistachio Hazelnut Baklava. You deserve it!