This Salted Caramel Cannabis Custard Is Crazy Delicious
Servings: 6 Servings
- 5-8 Droppers of THC or CBD Tincture
- 1 Cup of Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- ⅔ Cup of White Sugar
- 9 Large Egg Yolks
- Flaky Sea Salt As Garnish
- Mixing bowl
Chocolate bars and bags of gummies are all well and good when it comes to procuring a decent edible, but, every now and then, I’min the mood for something a little more “high brow,” so to speak. And, if that happens to be the case with you, and your sophisticated cannabis palate, chances are you’re going to love this Salted Caramel Cannabis Custard recipe.
Each bite of this Salted Caramel Cannabis Custard dessert is absolutely divine. The decadence found in each delicious spoonful isun like anything I’ve ever encountered in the edible realm of desserts. Sure, it may take a little diligence on your part in the kitchen, in order to pull off this recipe, but if you follow each step closely, you’ll be left with a killer cannabis dessert – I guarantee it! For this unique recipe, you’re going to need the following:
Cost: Approx. $15-$20
- To kick things off, you’ll need to preheat your oven to 350°. And, as that warms up, grab 7 ramekins, and strategically place them inside a baking dish for the time being.
- Next, grab a sturdy saucepan, and place that puppy over “Medium” heat. In that heavy saucepan, you’ll want to evenly distribute your sugar. Making sure that the entire surface is covered in it. Then, you’ll want to leave the sugar just like this, with NO stirring, for about 5 minutes. By that time, the sugar should’ve started to gradually melt along the edges of the saucepan.
- The second you start to see bubbles form on the edges, grab the pan, and give it a decent shake. This should swirl the contents around enough to help further dissolve whatever sugar is left without stirring anything.
- Continue to move and sway the pan to accomplish this goal. Then, in roughly 10 minutes or so, you’ll be left with a saucepan full of nice, dark caramel.
- You can proceed to whisk in your cream. This cream addition will cool down your caramel, and turn it into a “blob.” Don’t worry about that, it’s to be expected with this recipe. Just continue to stir those contents until the caramel fully melts, and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- When that happens, and your mixture has returned to a warm temperature, you can remove the entire saucepan from the heat.
- Upon completing that step, you can then stir in your desired amount of cannabis tincture, cold milk, kosher salt, and vanilla extract. Be sure to take your time to thoroughly stir those ingredients together. This should ensure that your potency is evenly dispersed throughout the mixture.
- Next, grab a big mixing bowl, and toss your egg yolks inside. Follow that up, with a ladle of your infused caramel mixture, and whisk that in with the yolks. Do the same with 2 more ladles of mixture, but only one at a time.
- Then, combine the remainder of your infused caramel blend with the yolks, and don’t stop whisking the contents until they are fully incorporated with one another.
- When you’re happy with how everything is looking, you can then transfer those delicious contents into your waiting ramekins, making sure to give each ramekin an even amount. After that, you’ll want to pour enough water into the surrounding baking dish, until the water reaches about halfway up each ramekin.
- And, when your oven is ready, place the entire thing in to bake for anywhere between 45-60 minutes. You are looking for the custard to set, and for the surface of each ramekin to share a similar “jiggle” when shaken. Make sure the center is more sturdy than the edges. When that’s the case, you can remove the ramekins from the oven, and place them on a wire rack to cool back down to room temperature.
- Once they reach room temperature, cover each one with a layer of plastic wrap, before throwing them in the fridge for 60 minutes, at the very least.
- When they are finally good and cold, you can remove them from the fridge, toss a pinch (or two) of flaky salt atop each ramekin, and dig in!
And that, my friends, is how you make Salted Caramel Cannabis Custard like a pro!
Serving: 1Portion | Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.3g | Protein: 6.9g | Fat: 37.3g | Cholesterol: 420mg | Sodium: 272mg
Spread the love