Reading Time: 5 minutes
Marijuana Nut Butter
In order to do so, however, you'll need to acquire the following ingredients:
- Cannabis-Infused Cooking Oil
- Nuts (Almonds or Hazelnuts)
Yup, that's it. Pretty easy, right?
The cannabis community loves anything sweet. That's been common knowledge for decades now. The best (and most iconic) edibles have always been desserts. Cookies, brownies, and alike are high on the totem pole of infused snacks. But that distinction isn't handed out lightly. They are more than deserving of that top spot, in my personal opinion. They are damn near flawless. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the only problem with those products is how fattening they are.Sure, they taste great and get you super-duper high, but each one is chock full of calories, butter, chocolate, and sugar. Which, yes, is totally fine to eat if you have the metabolism of a hummingbird, but for us normal, slightly pudgy folks, we need all the weight loss help we can get. And, even though these treats are some of the best around, it's hard to eat more than a couple without feeling guilty.This Marijuana Nut Butter Recipe Is Insanely Easy (And Delicious) This sad revelation led me on a hunt to find a more calorically-smart snack that I could enjoy, without sacrificing any flavor (or potency). I must admit, I searched far and wide for a quality replacement, but I routinely came back empty-handed. After a while, I was starting to get really discouraged. Was there truly no adequate, healthy replacement snack to satisfy my cannabis-loving palette? I was severely bummed out, to say the least.But then, out of nowhere, I found it. The perfect recipe for a sincerely tasty cannabis-infused treat and the best part is, you can put it on damn near anything. That recipe, my friends, is for Marijuana Nut Butter. Yup. I'm about to show you how to make some of your very own in the comfort of your kitchen. I know this sounds like it'll be difficult, but it's honestly one of the easiest things you'll ever make. Trust me. Also, if you're not familiar with regular nut butter, it's a more protein-packed version of the dairy interpretation that we all know and love. Almond butter and hazelnut spreads are commonly the two most popular versions. And that's precisely what we're going to aim for with our recipe. Now, full disclosure, there's an even simpler recipe for this Marijuana Nut Butter. If you're pressed for time or don't exactly have the other necessary ingredients or appliances, here's a simple way to make Marijuana Nut Butter in a matter of seconds. You'll want to go to the store, and pick up your favorite almond butter or hazelnut spread. Then, grab some cannabis-infused cooking oil at your local dispensary on your way home. The only thing you'll have to do at this point is add in roughly one dose of oil for every serving of butter, or spread. That usually comes out to be 2 tablespoons or so. Stir it in until it's evenly dispersed, and boom, you're done. The simplicity of that route can be attractive to some, but personally, I like going about it the old fashioned way, and if you're anything like me, you'll want to know how to make some quality Marijuana Nut Butter from scratch. And I'm more than happy to tell you how.
- Now, the only way you can accurately follow this recipe is if you have a food processor.
- Most kitchens do, so don't fret if you can't recall if you have one or not. Sadly, if you find yourself without one, you'll have to resort to the aforementioned store-bought route. Or, you can see this as the reason to finally spring for one. It's totally up to you, but in order to proceed onward, you'll need a food processor, and you'll soon see why.
- In that food processor, you'll want to toss in your desired nut, be it almonds or hazelnuts. You could throw those nuts in raw, or you could roast them beforehand at 350°F for 10 minutes. It's totally okay not to roast them, but if you do, it will result in a longer shelf life, and it will make the overall process a little bit easier on you.
- But, again, this is totally up to you.
- After you've tossed your nuts into the processor, roasted or not, you'll want to chop up these puppies as much as you can with your processor. Don't be alarmed if the processing portion of this recipe takes upwards of 20 minutes or so. You'll really need to chop them up from every angle, so be sure to scrape the interior and sides of the processor periodically throughout the processing portion of the recipe.
- It should be noted that for those looking to mimic a Nutella spread, you'll want to peel your nuts before anything. But it's not entirely necessary to do so, however. If you leave the skin on, you may enjoy some hidden health properties, but the overall taste could wind up being tremendously bitter. So, again, this is totally your call.
- Once that 20 minute time period has elapsed, you can then add in your cannabis-infused cooking oil. You'll want to stir in the same portion as you would with the store-bought route, about 1 dose per serving. Which, again, comes out to about 2 tablespoons of butter and/or spread.
- You could leave it as is, but where's the fun in that.
For those of you trying to make a cannabis-infused Nutella creation with hazelnuts, you can add in some vanilla bean paste and cocoa powder into the mix at this point, following your cannabis-infused oil, of course. This ought to replicate that award-winning taste with ease. And you won’t need to worry about extra sugar, because hazelnuts naturally come loaded with the stuff. So, this should serve as an adequate replacement. However, if you are going for a truly unique creation, you can add in things like cinnamon, and other spices of this nature, to acquire a sincerely one-of-a-kind flavor spectrum chock full of THC. That pretty much wraps it up, though, party people. You have just successfully created a healthy, super strong batch of Marijuana Nut Butter. Regardless of if you took the “easy” way or the “hard” way, you should be proud of yourself for creating a more health-conscious cannabis-infused snack to help you microdose with every meal. You should feel free to use this newly created Marijuana Nut Butter in any way you see fit. But, if I may be so bold as to suggest something, I’d urge you to make some killer sandwiches with it. To do that, you’d take two common Nilla wafers, and slather up a decent amount of Marijuana Nut Butter between them. It’s a modern take on an old classic, and it never fails to hit the spot every single time. But, at the end of the day, there is absolutely no wrong way to enjoy this stuff. It’s supremely delicious, surprisingly potent, and sincerely versatile. It’s good with breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Hell, feel free to use it during every meal. I know I do!