Elevate Your Next Dish With These Marijuana Mashed Potatoes
- ½ Cup Cup of Cannabis-Infused Milk
- 1 Cup of Cannabis Cup of Cannabis-Infused Butter (½ for cooking, ½ for topping)
- 3 Pounds Pounds of Russet Potatoes (chopped, peeled)
- 1 Cup Cup of Sour Cream
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chives (chopped)
There’s something special about a nice, home cooked meal. That is pretty much undeniable. And what’s so interesting about these familiar familial feasts, is that everyone has their own definition of perfection when it comes to these delightful dishes. Some enjoy the nostalgic tastes and scents that flow forth from the same kitchen they grew up in. While others prefer the hearty, always-filling portion sizes of some forgotten classics.
SEE ALSO :How To Make Marijuana-Infused Zucchini Lasagna These meals not only satisfy the senses, they serve as a form of culinary therapy. In short, these dishes just make you feel good when it’s all said and done. And, honestly, isn’t that what matters most? I certainly think so.Personally speaking, I have more than a few favorites, when it comes to preferred home cooked meals, but, regardless of the entree, as long as there is a solid batch of mashed potatoes on the table, I’ll be happy. The magical way these obliterated spuds never fail to “hit the spot” is unlike any other side dish that I’ve ever experienced. I almost feel bad calling them a “side dish,” to be honest. In my opinion, these babies could be the star of any meal – and they often are. And I don’t think I’m the only person who holds mashed potatoes in such high esteem.This marvelous brown vegetable is beyond versatile, with its many delicious preparation styles. And, while the majority of you may designate “French Fries” as the best spud interpretation, I urge you to reconsider “Mashed Potatoes” before finalizing such a delicious distinction. SEE ALSO:How To Make THC-Infused Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake BarsThe silky smooth consistency, the piping hot potato flavor, the richness of the butter and/or gravy, I mean, I could go on and on about all the aspects that make mashed potatoes unbeatable. But, as flawless as these mashed potatoes are, there’s one key ingredient missing from the original recipe that could really take things to the next level. That ingredient, ladies and gentlemen, is none other than everybody’s favorite herb, marijuana. SEE ALSO: Get Baked With This Cannabis Kale Chip RecipeAnd I promise you, these Marijuana Mashed Potatoes are going to be even better than their non-infused counterpart. Plus, it’s going to get you nice and high, as you enjoy your meal. What more could you ask for?Alright, here’s a short list of ingredients needed, in order to properly pull off this recipe:
- Most dispensaries carry at least one kind of cannabis-infused milk and/or butter, but if they don’t, I have recipes that’ll teach you how to make both of those elements in the comfort of your own kitchen. So, be sure to consult those, should your neighborhood cannabis club be unable to help you out.
- Then, when you’ve successfully acquired all of those ingredients, you can finally get going on these Marijuana Mashed Potatoes.
- In order to start this recipe off right, you’ll want to toss your potatoes into a somewhat large pot. After that, you’ll want to add water into the pot until the potatoes are submerged.
- This is when you’ll want to add in your desired level of salt. It’s completely up to your personal preferences here, so there are no wrong answers. But I like my spuds nice and salty, so I rarely skimp on the seasoning during this portion of the process, and I’d strongly suggest that you do the same.
- You’ll want the heat source below to bring that pot to a full boil. Keep those potatoes cooking in there until they are fork tender. That typically takes anywhere between 15-20 minutes, depending on how hot your heat source is.
- Then, once you’re happy with how everything is looking, you can carefully drain that pot of water. When all of that water is removed, be sure to keep those spuds inside the pot, because this is where you’re going to be mashing them up, now that they are cooked and softened.
- The best way to do that is by implementing the assistance of a good ol’ fashioned potato masher. Don’t have one? No worries, Amazon offers up a bunch of different options, all of which are super affordable. And, trust me, it’s worth investing in, especially if you love mashed potatoes, like me.
- Once you’ve achieved a super smooth consistency, you can let those potatoes hang out for a moment, as you move on with the next part of this recipe.
- Grab a small saucepan, and place it over a heat source set on “Medium.” As that warms up, toss in your cannabis-infused butter, and let it fully melt, before adding in your cannabis-infused milk. Stir up these two potent ingredients, making sure they are evenly distributed amongst one another, making for quite a strong concoction.
- When that blend is nice and warm – not burnt or boiling – pour it directly onto those previously mashed potatoes, that are currently resting in that large pot. After that, be sure to stir up everything as best you can. You want all of that buttery potency to find its way into every nook and cranny of the potatoes
- After you’ve achieved a creamy consistency, you can toss in your sour cream, salt, and pepper, all while keeping that stirring going just as efficient as before. When you feel like these elements couldn’t possibly be blended in with one another any further, you can then grab yourself a plate (or bowl) and help yourself to a healthy portion of these Marijuana Mashed Potatoes.
- But, before you just dive in, top things off with a bit more cannabis-infused butter, a dash of pepper, and a sprinkling of chives, just for good measure. After that, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy a freshly made batch of your very own Marijuana Mashed Potatoes!
- As always, when it comes to home dosing, you should always approach the situation with “baby steps,” as it’s always more fun to get higher, as opposed to being too high. So, be sure to consult our Dosing Calculator before digging in – you’ll be happy that you did.