Reading Time: 5 minutes
Ganja Infused Gnocchi
Here’s a list of ingredients that you’ll need to complete this amazing recipe for Ganja-Infused Gnocchi:
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cannabis-Infused Butter
- 3 Large Baking Potatoes
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Non-Medicated Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg (Beaten Slightly)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Cheese Parmesan, Romano, and/or Asiago Cheese (Grated)
You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone under the sun who doesn’t like Italian food. The combination of savory flavors and deep, rich sauces are some of the best in the culinary world. No wonder Italy is considered one of the best food countries on the entire planet. Everything they make becomes an instant classic.How To Make Ganja-Infused Gnocchi
Many opt for lasagnas or pizzas, but me, personally, I enjoy a nice plate of gnocchi.I know, pretty fancy for me, right? I agree. I just love these tiny buttered potato nugs. If I ever spot this dish on a menu, I don’t even think twice, I order it immediately. And while many spots differ in their interpretations, for the most part, gnocchi is a fairly reliable dish to go with. It’s practically flawless. But even though I consider this to be one of those end-all, be-all meals, I think I may have found a recipe that takes that already amazing flavor spectrum to new heights. And it’s able to reach that seemingly impossible goal with the help of marijuana. That’s right, folks. I’m about to teach you exactly how to make some sincerely scrumptious (and surprisingly strong) Ganja-Infused Gnocchi. Your friends, family, and loved ones will simply flip out over this top-notch taste and calming high – I guarantee it. I understand that such a dish seems too complicated to take on for some, especially for those with minimal experience in the kitchen. But, take it from me, even though this recipe may seem intricate, I promise you that it is far easier than it looks. If you make sure to follow each step carefully, there’s absolutely no reason you won’t be able to create some restaurant-quality gnocchi of your own. So, pack a bowl, get your mind right, roll up those sleeves, and head into the kitchen, my fellow cannabis enthusiasts. Because it’s time to whip up some Ganja-Infused Gnocchi.Remember, don’t rush yourself. Just take this recipe one step at a time, and you’ll be fine.
- Alright, now that you’ve gotten all those ingredients assembled and ready to go, we can start on our recipe for some truly dank Ganja-Infused Gnocchi.
- One thing that I feel obligated to mention has to do with the potatoes used in this recipe. They must be baking potatoes – no exception. Also, during the initial cleaning phase, do not remove the skins. Leave them on while you rinse the potatoes. Then, still with the skins on, boil them in salted water until they are done.
- With them still hot from the boil, start to remove the skins from the potatoes. Once you’ve successfully removed the skins, you’ll want to make sure your potatoes aren’t lumpy whatsoever. If you feel like you can accomplish this task through manual mashing, by all means, go for it. But, personally, I find that the implementation of a hand mixer does a great job.
- Then, you’ll want to get your hands on a nice, large wooden spoon. Using this substantially-sized cooking implement, and that large bowl full of newly mashed potatoes, combine all of the ingredients together until everything has expertly mixed and mingled with one another.
- At this point, you’ll want to grab a handful of flour and gently dust some upon your countertop surface to keep the dough from sticking. Then you will want to knead and mix the blend of potatoes and flour together until it starts to take on a bread dough consistency.
- Take that newly-created dough, and roll it out into a tube that’s roughly the size and shape of a large marker, and cut it into ¼-½ inch slices. But you can make the gnocchis as big (or small) as you’d like, it’s completely up to you.
- Now you’ll want to grab a fork, turn it upside down, and gently roll it over the uncut side of the dough, leaving a slight indentation. Some people can achieve this by simply using their fingers or thumbs, but the preciseness of a fork prong just looks better, in my personal opinion. However you choose to take on this step, make sure that the end result is sporting a nice amount of ridges, as that characteristic will help it cook better.
- Once you’ve completed that step, boil up some salted water in a pan. When that sucker is boiling, toss in one or two pieces to start things off. Allow them to cook in that small pan of boiling water for roughly 4 minutes or so. At that point, take them out of the pan and give them a quick taste test. The consistency of each piece should be fairly sturdy, but not rock hard.
- If you’re happy with how everything is looking and tasting, you can continue onward with the recipe.
- You’ll want to take all of those recently-cut pieces and place them on a nearby cookie sheet and give them a slight dusting of flour. For this portion of the recipe, you have a choice to make. You could either cover up these bad boys with a towel and complete this dish during the same day you made the dough. Or, conversely, you could place them in a plastic bag and freeze them for future meals.
- Let’s say, for the sake of conversation, that you’re hungry and ready to make this Ganja-Infused Gnocchi right away. No problem!
- Grab a large pot and start boiling some water in it. Also, as it reaches that desired boiling point, toss in a tablespoon of regular olive oil. When everything is looking good to go, toss in your preferred amount of gnocchi. You’ll know that you have five more minutes left in the cooking process, the second you start to see your bits of potato goodness rise to the top of the water.
- When they are ready, remove them from the pan, with the help of a handy-dandy colander. Then, before taking them out of their new colander-home, take them over to the sink, and give these boys a nice rinsing under some hot water. This should get rid of any excess flour.
- After those have been adequately rinsed, pour that Ganja-Infused Gnocchi into a large bowl. Now, you can either pour or brush on a healthy amount of melted cannabis-infused butter atop (and throughout) the gnocchi. This is where your potency will come from, so add in however much as you’d like.
- Then comes everybody’s favorite part of Italian food – the sprinkling of grated cheese on top. Which is precisely what you will need to do at this part of the process. On a separate plate, grate your desired amount of Romano, Asiago, and Parmesan cheese. Then, by the handful, sprinkle it on top of your Ganja-Infused Gnocchi.
- And that’s it, party people.
- All you have to do now is plate up, grab a fork, and dig in!