This Recipe For THC Orange Cake Is Simple (And Scrumptious)
Servings: 10 Servings
- 6-8 Droppers of THC or CBD Tincture
- ½ Teaspoon of Confectioners’ Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Brandy-Based Orange Liqueur i.e. Grand Marnier
- ½ Teaspoon of Fiori di Sicilia
- ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup of Semolina Flour
- ¾ Cup of Ground Almonds
- 1 Cup of White Sugar Divided
- 5 Eggs Separated
- 2 Large Oranges Scrubbed, Coarsely Chopped – w/ Skin
- Mixing bowl
I’ve come across a multitude of cakes in my day, and I’d have to say, this THC Orange Cake takes the, well, you know. Truly, I don’t think I’ve encountered a dessert of this nature, that is able to pack such a pleasant array of flavors in one single bite, and the calming cannabis after-effects make the entire experience a more than worthwhile one.
Interested in tackling this THC Orange Cake recipe head-on? Nice! First off, you’ll need to get your mitts on the followingcritical ingredients.
Cost: Approx. $20
- For starters, you’ll want to grab a small saucepan, and inside of it, combine 1 tablespoon of water with your chopped oranges. When those are thoroughly mixed together, cover the saucepan, and let it continue to cook over “Medium-to-Low” heat for roughly 30 minutes. At that point, your oranges should be nice and soft, and any liquid swirling in the pan will have long since evaporated.
- When you see that, remove the saucepan from the heat, and place it to the side to cool down for 20 minutes or so.
- Next, meander over to your oven, and preheat that bad boy to a solid 350°.
- Then, line the bottom (and sides) of a special “springform pan” with some handy-dandy parchment paper. Aim to use one that is 8” in dimension for this recipe.
- Following that, you’ll want to plop your oranges into a food processor, and pulse those suckers until you can see that they are chopped as finely as possible.
- Now, grab a large glass (or metal) bowl, and beat your egg whites together until the contents develop stiff, sturdy peaks. When that happens, you can slowly stir in ½ cup of sugar, and keep beating those elements together for 60 seconds or so.
- Then, in a completely different mixing bowl, beat together your egg yolks and remaining ½ cup of sugar. Keep beating those ingredients together, until the mixture thickens up and becomes slightly pale in color. That usually only takes 2-3 minutes, in my personal experience.
- Once that occurs, you can start to whisk in your oranges that have been finely chopped, via the food processor. Follow that up, by folding in your fioridi Sicilia, vanilla extract, desired amount of cannabis tincture, semolina, and ground almonds.
- Upon completing that step, you can then stir in your whisked egg white, but only add 3 spoonfuls of it at first. This should be an adequate amount to help the batter loosen up a bit.
- When it loosens up a touch, fold in whatever egg whites you have left with the help of a spatula.
- Take this newly-created batter, and transfer it into that previously-lined springform pan of yours. Don’t forget to level out the surface before tossing it in the oven to bake.
- Speaking of, when your oven is ready, throw this cake inside to bake for roughly 50 minutes or so. When it passes that traditional “toothpick test of done-ness,” and the cake develops a delicious golden brown color scheme, you can remove it from the oven.
- Let the cake mellow out in the pan – don’t take it out immediately. Then, when you’re ready, remove the ring from the springform pan, and carefully discard the parchment paper, before plopping that potent puppy onto a plate for serving.
- Lastly, drizzle a “healthy” amount of your liqueur atop the entire thing. Also, don’t forget to dust the top of your cake with a decent amount of your confectioners’ sugar, as well.
And that’s it, folks. That’s how you make a THC Orange Cake from scratch like an absolute pro!