Step By Step Recipe For Canna Twinkies
Servings: 12 Twinkies
- ½ Cup of Cake Flour
- ¼ Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- ¼ Cup of Cannabis-Infused Butter
- ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 5 Large Eggs Room Temperature, Separated
- ¾ Cup of Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- 6 Tablespoons of Cannabis-Infused Butter Room Temperature
- 1 ½ Cups of Confectioners’ Sugar
- ¾ Cup of Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
- Large mixing bowl
- Small-sized saucepan
- Hand mixer or standing mixer
- Large bowl
- Twinkie Mold
- Pastry bag
- Wire rack
Even the thought of Canna Twinkies puts a smile on my face. And I don’t think I’m the only one in the cannabis community who has a soft spot in their hearts for these legendary snacks. Twinkies have been a staple in most people’s pantries for decades, and this infused version is likely going to knock that all-time great treat off its throne for good.
SEE ALSO: Step-By-Step Recipe For Oatmeal Raisin Cannabis CookiesNow, if you’re looking for some proper molds to use for your Canna Twinkies,For this recipe, you’re going to need the following ingredients. SEE ALSO: How To Make THC Strawberry-Rhubarb Buckle From Scratch
- First, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 350°.
- Next, you’ll need to grab a large mixing bowl. In it, whisk together your all-purpose flour, cake flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Then, in a smaller-sized saucepan, placed over “Low” heat, you will warm up your cannabis-infused butter and milk. Keep these two in the saucepan until the butter completely melts. At that point, you can remove the contents from the heat, and toss in your vanilla extract. Don’t forget to cover up the saucepan after that step, to ensure that the contents stay warm.`
- After that, you’ll need to grab a hand mixer or standing mixer. With it, you will beat your egg whites until they are “foamy” on the mixer’s “High” speed setting.
- Following that, you’ll need to carefully add 6 tablespoons of sugar, along with your cream of tartar. Remember to keep that beating going until the contents develop some undeniable “peaks.”
- You will then take those beaten egg whites, and place them in a different, larger bowl. Then, you will add your egg yolks to the mixer’s bowl that the whites were just in. Once those are in the mixing bowl, you can proceed to beat your egg yolks together with your 6 remaining tablespoons of sugar. Be mindful to complete this step with the mixer set on “Medium-to-High” speed.
- Keep that going until the contents thicken up and take on a more subtle “lemon” color scheme. Which, in my experience, doesn’t take longer than 5 minutes or so.
- At that point, you can take your egg whites from before, and add them to the yolks – but DO NOT (I repeat, DO NOT) mix them!
- You should sprinkle in your flour contents over the egg whites first. Then, and only then, can you feel free to mix everything together for about 10 or so seconds on a “Low” speed setting.
- Now, you’ll want to detach that bowl from the mixer. When you’ve done that, strategically create a well in one half of the batter. In that well, you will want to pour in your melted cannabis-infused butter blend. Then, you will carefully fold it into the batter, until you can no longer notice any flour, and the egg whites have been completely blended in.
- When you see that, immediately distribute the batter into your prepared molds. Fill each indentation up with roughly ¾” of batter.
- Toss those molds into the oven to bake for around 15 minutes. Once the tops of each cake turn light brown, you’ll know it’s time to take them out.
- When you do, be sure to place them atop a wire rack to cool down – with the cakes still in the molds.
- At this point in the process, you’ll want to work on your filling. To do that, you will need to use your mixer to expertly beat together your marshmallow fluff, confectioners’ sugar, and cannabis-infused butter. When those are intricately incorporated with one another, you can add in your cream, and keep that mixing going until the contents develop a smooth consistency and texture.
- Now, remove those mellowed-out cakes from their molds, and using a chopstick, create three evenly-spaced holes in the bottom – just like the standard Twinkie. When you puncture the cake, be mindful to wiggle the chopstick around a bit to create a little room for your filling.
- Then, you’ll want to pour your cream into a pastry bag. Don’t have one?
- Take that pastry bag with your filling, and squirt a bit into each hole, until you can visibly see the cake expand a bit. Obviously, do this step as carefully as you can. We don’t want any burst cakes, right?
- Other than that, the only thing left to do is grab one to eat now, and toss the rest in an airtight container for storage, and boom, you’re done!
That’s how you make Canna Twinkies in the comfort of your own kitchen!