Reading Time: 5 minutes
Here’s a list of ingredients needed in order to make some sincerely awesome Cannabis Popsicles:
- 2 Tablespoons Cannabis-Infused Butter
- 2 ½ Cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Pack Skittles
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Sugar
- Some Popsicle Molds & Sticks
Some treats are just indisputable classics. Items like the standard cookie, the typical brownie, and the iconic cake…these treats have their place firmly planted in the snack Hall of Fame. From a young age, we become infatuated with sweet treats, and we tend to consider ourselves somewhat of a connoisseur in the field of sugary bits of greatness. And that admiration and respect for desserts only grows over time.But, while those aforementioned goodies deserve their own place on the snack Mount Rushmore, there’s a lot of equally-delicious treats that often get overlooked when talking about the best of all-time.
One of those items, in particular, is the world-renowned, always-satisfying popsicle. Simplistic in nature and delectable in taste, the average popsicle never fails to hit that target of refreshment and scrumptiousness. Not only that, but there’s a limitless list of flavors and ingredients you could use to create a batch of your very own. Also, it’s handheld demeanor makes it the most versatile snack on the market – no doubt about it.There really is a whole lot to like about popsicles. They seem like the epitome of perfection. But, though it may sound impossible, I believe I’ve discovered a way to make these sticked-treats better than they have ever been. How do I plan on attempting such a seemingly unreachable goal? Why, with a little help from our old pal, Mary Jane, of course! That’s right, folks, I’m about to teach you how to make some killer Cannabis Popsicles of your very own. And trust me, not only are these Pot-sicles going to taste amazing, but they are guaranteed to get you nice and lifted, too.I’m sure your nostalgic culinary senses are going crazy right now, but we need to tend to one very important task first before we can even think about diving into this one-of-a-kind recipe.We need to get some cannabis-infused butter. Lucky for us, we live in a glorious time of marijuana legalization, so finding a tub (or two) of this THC-enriched cooking aid is a fairly easy task. But, if your local cannabis club is sold out, or if you’d rather just whip some up in the comfort of your own kitchen, I’m happy to breakdown the process as quick as I possibly can.In order to make cannabis-infused butter, you’ll need to procure anywhere in the realm of 8-10 grams (at least) of flower. Take that flower and crudely crumble up each nug into little chunks. You don’t want the bud to be too fine yet. Then, place those crumbled up budlets onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Carefully put that sheet sprinkled in cannabis into a preheated oven at 240°F. Keep that baby in there for about 35-40 minutes. This allows the decarboxylation process to occur.This process allows the psychoactive element of cannabis (THC) to become activated through the help of a low and slow heat source. This allows the THC to awaken and ready itself to combine with any other substance, without burning the contents. Once that time period elapses, remove the sheet from the oven, and place it to the side just for a moment. During this time, you should ready a saucepan over a heat source set on “medium.” In this saucepan, you’ll want to add in 2 sticks of non-medicated butter, along with a solid cup of room temperature water. As you wait for that butter to fully melt, this is when you should utilize your grinder, and grind your nugs down to as fine a consistency as you can get.At this point, the butter should be nice and melted. When it is, dump in all of your newly-activated cannabis flower and stir it around, making sure the contents are evenly distributed. Let these two ingredients simmer amongst one another for upwards of 2 hours. Then, secure a cheesecloth over the opening of whatever container you plan to store the butter in. Once that’s good and ready, remove your saucepan from the heat source, and gradually pour the contents into the container, through the straining material. The cheesecloth should prevent any unwanted floral components from making their way into the final buttery result.The only thing you have to do now is place the container into the fridge to allow it to toughen up to a more solid, butter-like consistency. It doesn’t have to be super-sturdy or anything. It’s really just a matter of personal preference. But that’s it – you just made cannabis-infused butter! You should be proud of yourself. I know I am.Alright, now that that’s out of the way, let’s get to work on this recipe.
After gathering up all of those required ingredients, you can proceed onward with what is, quite possibly, the easiest recipe you’ll ever do!
- In a tiny pot, pour in your milk, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and mix, mix, mix. Be sure to have the pot placed over a heat source set on “medium.” Stir these ingredients up gently, and let them sit atop that heat until they all mix and mingle with one another, resulting in a somewhat thick consistency.
- Once you’ve achieved that desired level of thickness, remove the pot from the heat source and pour the contents into a large measuring cup or small bowl. At this point in the recipe, you can add in your vanilla extract and cannabis-infused butter. Be sure to stir this quickly, because the residual heat from the contents that were in the pot will be able to melt the cannabis-infused butter a whole lot easier.
- Now, here comes the fun part.
- Crack open that bag of Skittles, and pour in as much (or as little) as you’d like. Stir in those candies to the best of your ability. You want to make sure that each popsicle gets a somewhat even number of candies. So, be sure to spread the wealth. When you’re happy with how everything is looking, you can grab your popsicle molds and start pouring in your mixture.
- Remember to keep at least a quarter-inch or so of space at the top of each mold. You won’t want anything to overflow, that could lead to a messy, wasteful situation.
- The moment you are pleased with the molds, you can place your stick into them, and place them in the freezer for at least four hours. But, in my personal experience, I find that an overnight stay in the freezer delivers a more enjoyable popsicle.
- However long you keep them in there, once you remove them, you may need the help of warm water to unfreeze the interior of the mold from the popsicle. But a quick dip in a bowl of lukewarm tap water ought to do the trick in this instance.
- After that, simply remove your Cannabis Popsicles from their molded confines, and start eating!
- See?! I told you this was one of the easiest recipes out there!