Disclaimer: These recipes are not intended for anyone under 21 years of age. As always, consume responsibly and keep these foods properly labeled and out of reach of tiny hands! Always label your cannabis-infused foods so that non-consuming adults don’t mistake them either.
I’ve always wanted to throw together a ‘’pot”-luck style dinner party for all of my cannabis loving friends. We all have crazy busy lives and don’t get together nearly as often as we’d like to. This is the first time I’ve been home in 5 years, and I’ve finally moved home for good. I’ve decided on making it a point to start doing a big get together every year during the holidays when we all need it the most. Here are some of the Infused recipes I will be trying out this year! There will of course be non-infused items, as we want everyone to consume responsibly and within their limits. Any of these recipes could also be made without cannabis infusion.
Perfectly Infused Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces half block of cream cheese, softened
- ¾ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper more to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into approximate 1-inch pieces.
Bring potatoes, 1 tsp. salt, and enough cold water to cover the potatoes to a
boil in a 5-quart pot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook
15 to 20 minutes or until pierceable with fork; then drain.
- Return potatoes to 5-quart pot. Add butter, half-and-half,
cream cheese, pepper and salt to the pot and blend/mash. Cook on medium-low
heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted and all ingredients are
Perfect Danksgiving Turkey Gravy
- ½ cup cannabis infused butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups of drippings from turkey pan or chicken/vegetable stock if you aren’t using drippings
- If you are using the drippings from your turkey, pour the drippings through a fine mesh strainer and allow the drippings to cool enough for the fat to rise to the top and solidify. Use a
spoon to scoop off the fat, and then discard it. If you don’t have enough drippings to equal 4 cups, then you may add chicken or vegetable stock to make up the difference.
a. Or you can just use chicken or vegetable stock altogether if you don’t want to go through the hassle of using drippings.
- In a large saucepan, over LOW heat melt the ½ cup of cannabis butter and sprinkle in the 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- Slowly, a little at a time, add in the ½ cup of all-purpose flour, whisk constantly to combine.
- Once the flour is well incorporated into the butter, SLOWLY pour in the turkey drippings, again whisking constantly.
- Allow the gravy to cook for several minutes once all ingredients have been incorporated. This will ensure the gravy thickens up nicely. Serve immediately or you can keep it on a VERY low heat stirring occasionally until ready to serve. Remember you don’t want to cook off all of your pre-decarboxylated THC goodness.
Let’s Get Stoned Stuffing
- ½ cup cannabis infused butter plus 2 tablespoons non-infused butter
- 2 medium yellow onions peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb day old dry French bread (any bread will work; I prefer French bread)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat of to 350 degrees
- Heat the infused and regular butter in a large skillet on LOW heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and then continue cooking on LOW heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Put the onion mixture into a large bowl. Add the bread, parsley, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add the hot chicken or vegetable stock and mix well. Place the stuffing in a large baking dish and cook for about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve while still hot!
Perfectly Baked Pumpkin Pie
- 9 inch pre-rolled pie crust I prefer the deep-dish pie crusts
- 2 cups pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Follow instructions for filling pie crust that are on the packaging.
- In a bowl mix pumpkin puree, condensed milk, eggs, cannabis infused butter (liquid but not hot), maple extract, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice until fully combined.
- Pour your pumpkin mixture into your pie crust and tap the pan against a counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes. Time varies depending upon your oven.
- Now, the most important piece of all! The infused turkey marinade.
Sky High Turkey Marinade
- ½ cup cannabis infused butter melted.
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Rub the bird down with cannabis butter. Then bake for approximately 10-13 minutes per pound at 350 degrees.
- Baste turkey inside and out with the marinade every 45 minutes and again about 15 minutes before taking the bird out of the oven. Let the turkey rest about 20 minutes before carving.
Now it is time to get sky high and have a Danksgiving feast! Have you ever hosted a Danksgiving? Let us know what you think of our recipes, or if you have any questions about preparation! Happy Danksgiving and as always, please consume responsibly!